All American Apple Pie Recipe
Ingredients for sweet butter dough:
3 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
6 tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup of ice cold water
What you will need to make your apple filling:
6 apples (at least 3 granny...
They go well with wine and crackers, and are an awesome snack on their own or as an after-meal treat—but cheeses come in such a dizzying array of varieties and flavors that sometimes it’s hard to keep track. Mostly a European-dominated specialty (although some American and Japanese...
Cook food thoroughly before consumption. Shellfish should be cooked in boiling water for not less than five minutes.
Use two sets of chopsticks and eating utensils to handle raw and cooked food separately, with an additional pair for chicken and poultry to avoid cross contamination.
Add food to...
Fall is officially events season here in Hong Kong. The weather is awesome, everyone’s in town before the Christmas holidays, and for some reason, we’re all in the mood to party. Whether you’re planning a sophisticated dinner or a booze-soaked ruckus, we’ve uncovered the...
Chef Eugenio Iraci from The Mistral shows you how to make the quintessential white truffle dish: a tagliolini with parmesan and a generous shaving of the magic ‘shroom. Watch and drool! Related Articles:"Truffles in the Rough" - Adele Wong uncovers the fungi...
1. Lay the hairy crab on a plate. This is how a store-bought one should look after steaming.
2. Use the scissors to remove the bamboo strips.
3. Rip the legs off the body (eight in total) with your hands.
4. Rip off the two claws with your hands.
5. Peel off the outer...
Easy-peasy Spaghetti with Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, Fresh Ground Black Pepper and Sausage
By Chef Vittorio from Angelini’s at Kowloon Shangri-La
Parmigiano Reggiano 20g
cheese, thinly sliced
Ground black pepper 2g
Pork sausage, minced 30g
Olive oil 30ml
1. Salmon, tuna and mackerel contain omega-3 fatty acids that help keep your skin moisturized.
2. Avocado is high in vitamin E, which is essential for healthy skin.
3. Pumpkin, sunflower seeds, almonds and walnuts contain high amounts of vitamins A and C, and act as antioxidants by protecting your...
In our quest for eternal youth, it’s easy to get sucked in by news reports documenting “scientific discoveries” about how this fruit or that type of tea is packed with miracle, age-fighting ingredients. But which foods can really help in our battle against aging, and which are...