Old Chinese ladies screaming.
Stilettos with fishnet ankle-high socks over bright pink pantyhose. Yuck!
On Hong Kong audiences dancing:
Nope. But they do try, the little darlings.
On the local music scene:
More venues welcoming original music.
Person | Environment | Food & Bev.
Health | Nightlife | Shopping | Others
Person of the Year
Donald Tsang Yam-kuen
>> Our Chief Executive took 28.3 percent of the votes. But based on “write-in” votes, one gets the feeling that Bus Uncle would have won if only his...
How well do you know the man in Government House?
1. Donald Tsang has said that there is much to learn about leadership from...
A) Jor-El, the father of Superman
B) The efficiency of Singaporean bureaucracy
C) Stephen R. Covey’s masterwork “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People...
“Regina Ip is back!” The press declares.
Audrey groans and Lee Wing-tat despairs
She’s back – and had a makeover to boot -
New face, new hair, new makeup, and new suit.
Her broomhead locks are gone – and where they grew
Instead, a charming, frumpy, bouffant ’do....
Those gosh darn folks back home don’t believe you’ve made it, do they? Take the hicks from the ol’ country out to slickly refurbished Lotus, a Thai restaurant slash sophisticated cocktail bar. Their bar staff prefers to be known as “mixologists,” and at your...
Favorite Hong Kong noise:
The Star Ferry and the announcements in the MTR.
In your pocket:
One key for the door of my cat's room.
Hong Kong T-shirts with Japanese words. It’s more funny than stupid.
I don't want anyone to have to go through the trouble of...
1. Pacific Coffee (G/F, Lyndhurst Terrace, Central, 2537-1688) “Situated among the memories of the city – the antique shops and old buildings on Hollywood Road. It’s the best place to think about your life.”
2. Kosmo Coffee (G/F, 18, D’Aguilar St., Central, 2868-2001...
1. Lumiere (Shop 3101-3107, Podium Level 3, IFC Mall, 8 Finance Street, Central, 2393-3933). “This restaurant creates a comfortable ambience delightful for eating.
I love how they present Sichuan cuisine in a western manner.”
2. Yung Kee Restaurant (32-40 Wellington Street, Central,...
The world is full of idiots, isn’t it? Sometimes it just makes you so angry. If you could, you’d turn a bright shade of green, and smash and hurl things indiscriminately. Well, you can get smashed, turn a pale shade of green and hurl indiscriminately instead. Take it easy...